• Functions designed with button to be easy use. • Help power-users tweaking process in-chasis enviornment • Onboard SATA ports are stacked on the mainboard to avoid mechanical issue with giant graphic cards like 8800 Ultra.
The MSI Live update online is designed to automatically download and update the BIOS and driver when there’s a new version online. It helps reduce the risk of getting the wrong file and minimize the trouble of searching the files from MSI website.
• Equip with 2 or more PCIe x16 slots, ATI CrossFire Ready. • The ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform. • Provides 2.7x faster performance than single graphic card solution.
Live update 3 is a single utility software that automatically checks BIOS, driver and utility update s and installs for you , which can save your time for searching and lower the risk while updating.
• Supports Intel® i5 / i7 based processors in LGA1156 package. Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
Chipset • Intel® P55 Chipset - Supports QPI up to 6.4GT/s - Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec. - 6 SATAII ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s. - PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC. - ACPI 2.0 compliant. - Serial ATA RAID 0/1/5/10. - Integrated AHCI controller.
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/2000*/2133* (OC) SDRAM, 16GB Max - Supports 1Gb/ 2Gb/ 4Gb DRAM size - Supports Dual channel mode
• 2 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots - If two graphics cards are installed at PCI_E2 & PCI_E4 slots, these two PCIE x16 lanes will auto arrange from x16/ x0 to x8/ x8 - supports ATI® Crossfire™ & NVIDIA SLI • 1 PCI Express gen2 x4 slot • 2 PCI Express gen2 x1 slots • 2 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface
• One Ultra DMA 66/100/133 IDE controller integrated in JMicron® 363. - Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes. - Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.
• SATAII controller integrated in Intel P55/JMicron® 363 chipset - Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed. - Supports six SATAII ports by P55 - Supports one SATAII port by JMicron 363. - Supports one eSATA / USB combo port by JMicron 363. - Supports AHCI controller with AHCI / SATA RAID 0/1/5/10 by P55.
MSI Reminds You... • The RAID setup floppy disk is optional depending on the districts. You can download the files from the website to make the setup disk.
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC889 - Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing - Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec - Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec
• Supports two PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111DL.
IEEE1394 / FireWire
• VIA® VT6315N chipset - Supports up to two 1394 ports. (Rear panel x1, pinheader x1) - Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector - 8-pin ATX 12V power connector - CPU / System x 3 FAN connectors - CD-in connector - Front panel audio connector - Front panel connector - 1 x chasis intrusion connector - 3 x USB 2.0 connectors - 7 x Serial ATAII connectors - 1 x ATA133 connector - 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 port - 1 x Power Button - 1 x Clear CMOS jumper - 1 x SPDIF-out connector - 1 x TPM module connector - 1 x OC Genie Button - 2 x Base Clock Control Buttons
MSI Reminds You... • The floppy disk cable will be optional.
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard - 1 x PS/2 Mouse - 1 x eSATA / USB Combo port
- 1 x IEEE1394 port - 7 x USB 2.0 ports - 2 x RJ45 LAN Jacks - 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack - 1 x Optical SPDIF-out - 1 x Coaxial SPDIF-out
• The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically. • The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
• 30.5cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.
- by David_W @Sep 08, 2009
Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product.
Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product.
We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.
Reviews from the Web
Below are reviews found on other web sites for this product submitted by customers.
The MSI P55-GD65 has a few distinctions over the P55-CD53 motherboard which I reviewed on launch day. First is the ability to do Voltage Checkpoints, which the other board cannot do. Second is the higher Overclock ability (slightly) of the board.
The price point on the P55-GD65 puts it squarely in the mid range for a socket 1156 motherboard. This board comes in a full 50 bucks cheaper than the Intel Kingsberg board, while there is a 90 dollar saving over the ASUS Maximus III Formula, so you have to wonder if the features and performance are
MSI’s latest Intel P55 based board looks to be cut from the same mold as its big brother P55-GC80 motherboard. The GD65 is mean, lean, and ready to rumble. While it does not pack in all the features of the GD80, the GD65 does not act like a $155 motherboard.
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
I have to admit the price and build for this mb are fine. I prefer Asus boards because i've had such good experiences with them in the past. I think the hardware is not as good quality. I have another setup but it's with an i7 920 and the features are better. Of course this is because it's a 1366 board and not your mid range 1156 board. I think its a great value and would like to have been able to compare it to an Asus p55 board. Good reviews from other sites made me choose this board...besides the really low price.
this board colour is really good. I like the black and blue colour. this has automatic oc button (this is why i bought this board.) also, it has support for crossfire and sli. This is the second reason why i brought this board. this board had a medium level of accesories. i have this boar with i5 and works really well! I highly recommend it!
A nice board with too many gimicks. Have a i5-750 3.95Ghz P95 stable 4+ hours. Can go to 4.1, but volts get too high for my liking. What with MSI and Intel trying to do the overclock for you, neither hits the mark. Turn off all the BIOS gimicks, such as APS, turbo boost, etc. Set voltages manually (board will rise/lower voltages if on auto, not always stable) Vcore no higher then 1.55, Vtt no higher then 1.21 memory no higher then 1.65. Leave Vdroop on (prevents over volting when CPU come off a full load)
Then test, and test again. the only way to OC. :)
This review was modfied by poster l 12-03-09 04:28 PM
This review was modfied by poster @ 12-03-09 04:09 PM
This is a great board. I bought it as part of a build for a friend... put an i750 and 4GB of GSkill Ripjaw for an awesome combo. You can't touch this board for the price... and with both Crossfire and SLI support, it's a winner. If it had Triple Channel support it would have garnered 5 stars. Highly recommended!
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
First 30 days limited warranty through NCIX.com. The remainder of the 3 year warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer. As an authorized MSI Canada Dealer, products purchased through NCIX are eligible for Canadian RMA service at MSI`s Canadian service depot in Canada.
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.