- Up to 256MB of DDR memory provides increased performance when rendering high
resolution textures, characters, and environments
- 256-bit memory interface delivers the bandwidth for real-time 3D graphics and
- 8-pixel pipeline architecture doubles the rendering power of other graphics
- SMARTSHADER™ 2.1 supports the latest Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0
feature set, enabling cinematic quality lighting and shadow effects.
- SMOOTHVISION™ 2.1 delivers the sharpest, clearest textures without sacrificing
- 128-bit full floating point precision enables billions of color variations
to render the same lighting and effects as Hollywood studios.
- Featuring CATALYST™, the industry's most stable 3D acceleration software.
Generation Now Technology
- Supports the latest Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and OpenGL® feature
sets, ensuring long-term compatibility with the hottest gaming releases.
- FULLSTREAM™ removes blocky artifacts from streaming Internet video to
deliver smoother looking, higher quality online content.
- VIDEOSHADER™ integrates features to provide unprecedented support for
digital and high definition video.
Only Products designed and built by ATI offer:
- Hassle-free manufacturers warranty
- Responsive and knowledgeable Customer Service Team
- Extensive online user resources and updates through ATI.com
- Feature-rich, frequently updated, ATI designed CATALYST™ software
- RADEON™ 9800 Series of products requires connection to your PC's internal
power supply for operation. Consult your system builder or OEM to ensure your
system has an adequate power supply. Otherwise, ATI recommends a 300-Watt power
supply or greater to ensure normal system operation where a number of other internal
devices are installed.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD® Athlon® or higher with AGP 8X (0.8v),
4X (1.5V) or Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (8X/4X)
- 128MB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- 128MB or 256MB of double data rate SDRAM
Operating Systems Support
- Windows® XP
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® Me
- Eight parallel rendering pipelines
- Four parallel geometry engines
- 256-bit DDR memory interface
- AGP 8X support
- Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 programmable vertex and pixel
shaders in hardware
- 2.0 Vertex Shaders support vertex programs up to 65,280 instructions with
- 2.0 Pixel Shaders support up to 16 textures per rendering pass
- New F-buffer technology supports pixel shader programs with unlimited instructions
- 128-bit, 64-bit & 32-bit per pixel floating point color formats
- Multiple Render Target (MRT) support
- Shadow volume rendering acceleration
- Complete feature set also supported in OpenGL® via extensions
- 2x/4x/6x full scene anti-aliasing modes
- Adaptive algorithm with programmable sample patterns
- 2x/4x/8x/16x anisotropic filtering modes
- Adaptive algorithm with bi-linear (performance) and tri-linear (quality) options
HYPER Z™ III+
- 3-level Hierarchical Z-Buffer with early Z test
- Lossless Z-Buffer compression (up to 24:1)
- Fast Z-Buffer Clear
- Z cache optimized for real-time shadow rendering
- 2nd generation N-Patch higher order surface support
- Discrete and continuous tessellation levels per polygon
- Displacement mapping
- Seamless integration of pixel shaders with video
- FULLSTREAM™ video de-blocking technology
- Noise removal filtering for captured video
- MPEG-2 decoding with motion compensation, iDCT and color space conversion
- All-format DTV/HDTV decoding
- YPrPb component output*
- Adaptive de-interlacing and frame rate conversion
- Dual integrated display controllers
- Dual integrated 10-bit per channel 400 MHz DACs
- Integrated 165 MHz TMDS transmitter (DVI 1.0 compliant and HDCP ready)
- Integrated TV Output support up to 1024x768 resolution
- Windows® Logo Program compliant
Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product.
Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product.
We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.
Reviews from the Web
Below are reviews found on other web sites for this product submitted by customers.
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
This card has been working like a dream since the day I got it. ATI releases new drivers regularly too. I guess their OpenGL implementation isnt all that great though (think Doom3) but otherwise a great card.
Just tested this card as it arrived for my friend today. Of course the card is great, but the pricetag is terrble when taking into consideration the performance difference between the XT and Pro. Not to mention the 256-bit Pro can be modded to XT speeds. Even without modding the speed jump is so minimal and definately does not warrant doubling the price. If you have the Pro, do NOT by this and if you're looking for a $600 card grab the X800 Pro.
This is the best video card i ever had. It is really good for playing video games and dvds. My comp has the best graphics I ever seen. Great for making images on the computer. A little expansive but worth it
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
NCIX provides a 30 day limited warranty on this product. The remainder of the 1 year warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.