May We Also Suggest
- By Shi Xiao Min @Aug 07, 2013
Synology RackStation RS10613xs+ provides the reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications. Scalable up to 424 TB, Synology RackStation RS10613xs+ simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS10613xs+ is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
- Superior performance at 2000+ MB/sec throughput and 400,000+ IOPS1
- SSD Cache Technology boosts throughput (White Paper)
- Scale up to 106 HDDs with Synology RX1213sas
- VMware® vSphere 5 & VAAI certified
- Encryption acceleration with AES New Instructions
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions (White Paper)
- SAS & SATA III 6Gb/s interface support
- Backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty
RS10613xs+ delivers superior performance at over 2,000 MB/sec throughput and 400,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with link aggregation.1 Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read-optimized SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, RS10613xs+ supports dual 10GbE with the add-on PCI Express x8 Gen2 Network Interface Card for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 8GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, RS10613xs+ ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS10613xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.2
- Shared Folder Sync replicates data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location for prompt disaster recovery to meet the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of your business.
- Redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- Proactive global hot sparing combined with hot-swappable drives ensures uninterrupted service during drive replacement.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
- ECC RAM modules detect and correct errors during data transmission.
With up to 424 TB of total storage capacity,3 RS10613xs+ is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
When the storage capacity of RS10613xs+ nears it limit, expansion is easily accomplished with Synology RX1213sas. RS10613xs+ supports up to 106 SATA, SAS, or SSD drives for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes.
Management of RS10613xs+’s capacious storage space is simple and flexible. Unlike standard RAID arrangements, on RS10613xs+ volumes can be created on grouped RAID array structures, providing higher reliability by distributing risk of disk failure and making management of storage across all hard drives more flexible and efficient. When the need for more space arises, volumes can be expanded without service disruption.
Unified Storage System
By integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system, RS10613xs+ enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
- Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) ensures seamless file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® platforms.
- Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
- Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximizes storage utilization by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
RS10613xs+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix®, and Hyper-V®. VMware vSphere® 5 and VAAI integration certified2, RS10613xs+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS10613xs+ enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS10613xs+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS10613xs+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance.
1. Tested with dual 10 GbE connections using Link Aggregation and fully loaded with Kingston® SVP100S2 64GB 2.5” SSD. Performance may vary depending on the environment.
2. Available with DSM 4.1 or newer.
3. RS10613xs+ supports up to eight Synology RX1213sas, purchased separately.
- by Shi Xiao Min @Aug 07, 2013
- CPU Frequency : Quad Core 3.3GHz
- Floating Point
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- Memory : DDR3 8GB ECC RAM (Expandable, up to 32GB)
- Internal HDD/SSD : 3.5" or 2.5" SATAII/SATAIII/SAS X10, 2.5" SSD Cache X2 (Hard drive not included)
- Max Internal Capacity : 40TB (10X 4TB HDD) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) (See All Supported HDD)
- Hot Swappable HDD
- External HDD Interface : USB 2.0 Port X 4, Expansion Port X 2
- Rail Kit: Synology 2U Rail Kit Sliding (optional)
- Size (HxWxD) : 88 X 445 X 570 mm
- Weight : 15.7Kg
- LAN : Gigabit X4 (optional 10GbE X2 add-on card is supported)
- Link Aggregation
- Wake on LAN/WAN
- System Fan : 80x80mm X4
- Easy Replacement System Fan
- Wireless Support (dongle)
- Noise Level : 54.6 dB(A)
- Power Recovery
- Power Supply : 400W X 2
- AC Input Power Voltage : 100V to 240V AC
- Power Frequency : 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption : 142W (Access); 110W (HDD Hibernation);
- Redundant Power Supply : Yes
- Operating Temperature : 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature : -10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)
- Relative Humidity : 5% to 95% RH
- Maximum Operating Altitude : 6,500 feet
- Certification : FCC Class A, CE Class A, BSMI Class A
- Power consumption is measured when fully loaded with Western Digital 2TB WD2002FYPS hard drive(s).
- Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Seagate 1TB ST31000520AS hard drive(s) in idle; Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up at 1 meter away from the Synology NAS front and rear; Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75°C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
- When upgrading RAM to more than 24GB, the original 4GB RAM modules must be removed.
- Networking Protocols
- VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN)
- File System
- EXT3 (External Disk Only)
- FAT (External Disk Only)
- NTFS (External Disk Only)
- Auto DSM Upgrade
- Push Notification – MSN/Skype/Mobile Devices
- Email/SMS Notification
- Customized User Quota
- Customized Administrator/User Group
- Syslog Support
- DDNS Support
- IPv6 Support
- VLAN Support
- Resource Monitor
- Connection Manager
- UPS Management
- Scheduled Power On/Off
- Custom Management UI HTTP/HTTPS Ports
- Windows AD Domain Integration
- Domain Users login via Samba/AFP/FTP/File Station
- HDD Management
- HDD Hibernation
- Dynamic Bad Sector Mapping
- FTP over SSL/TLS
- IP Auto-Block
- Encrypted Network Backup over Rsync
- HTTPS Connection
- Synology Assistant
- Synology Data Replicator
- Supported Clients
- Windows XP onward
- Mac OS X 10.5 onward
- Ubuntu 9.04 onward
- Supported Browsers
- Internet Explorer : 8, 9
- Safari (MAC) : 5
- The Max File System size (or the Max Volume size) doesn't equal to the Max Internal Capacity, which is limited by the aggregated space of installed drives.
- Antivirus Essential
- Antivirus by McAfee
- Audio Station
- Transcoding to MP3
- Cloud Station
- Maximum of Concurrent File Transfers : 1024
- DHCP Server
- Directory Server
- DNS Server
- Download Station
- Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks : 80
- Glacier Backup
- High Availability
- HiDrive Backup
- iTunes Server
- Mail Server
- Mail Station
- Media Server
- Photo Station
- RADIUS Server
- Surveillance Station
- MAX IP cam # (Licenses required) : 70 (1 Free License) (See All Supported IP Cameras)
- Total frame rate (FPS) : 2100 FPS @ VGA, 700 FPS @ 720p, 350 FPS @ 1080p
- Syslog Server
- Syslog Events per Second : 3000
- Time Backup
- Maximum Task Number : 16
- Video Station
- Video Transcoding : Type 1 + Type 2 (See more)
- VPN Server
- Maximum Connections : 30
- 3rd Party Packages (See more)
- Surveillance Station throughput is tested with Axis M1054 (1280X800); FPS set to 10 at every channel; Compression rate: 30%; Video Codec: MJPEG, H.264; Recording Type is conducted with Motion Detection Recording (By camera) and Continuous Recording; Actual performance may vary depending on camera settings and DiskStation loading.
Environment and Packaging
- RoHS Compliant
- Package Content
- Main Unit X 1
- Installation Disc X 1
- Welcome Note X 1
- Assembling Kit X 1
- AC Power Adapter X 1
- AC Power Cord X 2
- RJ-45 LAN Cable X 1
- Optional Accessories (See more)
- Camera License Pack
- Rail Kit
- RAM Module : 4GB ECC RAM Module, 8GB ECC RAM Module
- Expansion Unit : RX1213sas
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
First 30 days limited warranty through NCIX.com. The remainder of the two year warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer.