2012/8/31 El Chapuzas Informático - Platinum Dedicated to professional overclocking! With rock-solid hardware components and tweak-friendly software kits, the ASRock Z77 OC Formula can bring the highest level of overclocking. The board wins Platinum Award from El Chapuzas Informático.
12 + 4 Power Phase Design
ASRock Z77 OC Formula is designed with a 12 + 4 Power Phase design. It features sturdy components and completely smooth power delivery to the CPU. Plus, it offers unmatched overclocking capability and enhanced performance with the lowest temperature for advanced gamers as well.
Premium Alloy Choke (PAC)
Compared to iron powder choke, the new Premium Alloy Choke technology on ASRock OC Formula Motherboard Series highlights a special alloy formula which is able to reduce up to 70% core loss. The revolutionary choke construction features a highly-magnetic and heat-resistant design, increasing the board’s lifespan as well.
Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM)
DSM is an innovative new design of MOSFETs. The silicon die area is increased by stacking two dies into a MOSFET. The larger the die area, the lower Rds(on). Compared to traditional discrete MOSFET, DSM can provide larger die area and lower Rds(on), so the power supply for CPU Vcore is more efficient.
Z77 OC Formula is equipped with CHIL 8328 silicon which features a new digital PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) design, providing CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly.
Multiple Filter Cap (MFC)
The ASRock Z77 OC Formula features a new capacitor design called MFC (Multiple Filter Cap), which includes a combination of highly conductive MLCC, DIP caps and POSCAP. MFC helps the system filter noise from high-freq, mid-freq to low-freq noise, delivering enhanced and higher current to the CPU. With the combined power of three capacitors, MFC allows users to overclock their PC rig to extreme levels without worrying about the hardware components.
Twin-Power Cooling combines active air cooling with water cooling. The ultimate heatpipe cooling design maximizes the system’s convection to expel hot air out, providing great air flow and faster heat dissipation.
8 Layer PCB, 4 x 2oz Copper
Brilliantly designed to boost performance with the lowest temperature, ASRock Z77 OC Formula is built on an 8-layer-PCB design. It comes with 4 sets of 2 ounces copper inner layers, using only carefully selected copper materials for PCB layers, delivering lower temperature and higher energy efficiency for overclocking.
GELID Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound
GELID Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound is an added bonus included in ASRock Z77 OC Formula which allows overclockers to stabilize the CPU’s temperature. create d for extreme users on highest level, the GC-Extreme Thermal Compound achieves the best heat conductivity from your CPU, VGA or even Chipset to your cooler. Not only keeping your rig cool, the GELID GC-Extreme can also make the compound non-freezing even at low temperatures when doing LN2 extreme overclocking.
Hi-Density Power Connector
Hi-Density Power Connector features a solid square-pin design. ASRock Z77 OC Formula is equipped with two High-Density Power Connectors, one for the CPU Power connector, and one for the 24-pin ATX power connector. The optimized design supplies current to the power more efficiently and achieves better electric conduction. Overall, Hi-Density Power Connector can reduce 23% power loss and decrease system temperature up to 22?.
15μ Gold Finger
ASRock has embedded 15μ Gold Finger for both CPU sockets and DRAM slots. Compared to other boards that come with only 3-4μ, ASRock Z77 OC Formula provides 15μgold components within the sockets, delivering triple performance than usual. With the unprecedented 15μ gold-inside design, overclocking the CPU and memory is easier than ever.
NickShih’s OC Profile
Have you ever wondered how the global OC champion overclocks his motherboards? Now you’ve got a chance to learn a few tricks from the champion with NickShih’s OC Profile. It doesn’t matter whether you’re using a K-Series or No-K Series CPU, NickShih’s OC Profile will automatically detect your CPU and offer you different levels of overclocking. Have a taste of Nick’s secret recipe for overclocking this motherboard instantly.
ASRock Formula Drive is an all-in-one software to fine-tune different features in an user-friendly interface, which includes Hardware Monitor, FAN-tastic Tuning, Overclocking, OC DNA, IES, XFast RAM and Multi Thermal Sensor.
Multi Thermal Sensor
Multi Thermal Sensor is a new feature specially designed for ASRock Z77 OC Formula. It provides users the temperature of various parts of the motherboard graphically in ASRock UEFI Setup Utility, so that users may precisely keep track and control of the temperature of each parts of their motherboard when overclocking.
Rapid OC – Quick & Fast Adjust OC Frequency
The onboard Rapid OC button allows novice overclockers to manually raise and lower the CPU ratio, BCLK frequency and CPU VCore voltage, while serious OC enthusiasts can use it to get the highest level of overclocking performance from their system and find their CPU’s best margin.
FAN-Tastic Tuning offers the flexibility to adjust the fan speed (RPM) relative to the system temperature. Users are able to adjust the setting by clicking the "+/-" and confirm by "APPLY" afterwards.
For those who constantly need to remove then reinstall their PCIe cards back into the PCIe slots and fear of damaging the motherboard and its components, ASRock has added three PCIe ON/OFF switches to enable or disable the PCIe slots in a flick of your finger.
Fine-Tuning V-Controller is a new collection of voltage fine tuning options in ASRock UEFI Setup Utility. It provides more than enough voltage configuration options for overclockers who wish to pursuit extremes.
V-Probe™ is a 7-set of detection points laid on this motherboard. It allows overclockers to easily and quickly get the accurate voltage readings via the multitester.
Timing Configurator is a fast and easy tool that provides users with an abundant collection of subtle DRAM settings for professional tweaking. You won’t even have to waste time on entering into the UEFI or restarting the system, Timing Configurator is an independent application that runs under Windows® OS and your changes will take effect immediately.
Free gift includes 10 pcs of OC Stands. Those small, portable OC Stands help overclockers to easily setup an OC Formula system without chassis. Plus, it ensures greater airflow for extreme overclocking as well.
ASRock Interactive UEFI is a blend of system configuration tools, cool sound effects and stunning visuals. The unprecedented UEFI provides a more attractive interface and brings a lot more amusing.
XFast 555 Technology : XFast RAM / XFast LAN / XFast USB
Fully Optimize Memory Usage
Faster Internet Access
Boosts up your USB speed
5X Faster for Photoshop Execution
XFast RAM will create a virtual disk from the system memory to boost the performance. For Photoshop, It can even perform 5X faster than before.
Lower Latency In Game
XFast LAN can lower latency in the game after setting online game priority higher.
Time latency in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm * Lower is better
USB Performance Comparison
ATTO Disk Benchmark 4K Read
*The performance boost percentage may vary with a different configuration.
Virtu Universal MVP - Uncompromised Game Response Performance
ASRock motherboard support Lucid Virtu Universal MVP technology that improves your PC’s visuals, with faster response times, improved video processing and smoother media playback, all with low power consumption. Brilliantly designed for gaming, Virtu Universal MVP™ switchable graphics software assigns tasks dynamically to the best graphics resource and features two exciting techniques – HyperFormance™ and Virtual Vsync™.
1. HyperFormance™ - Optimized Game Responsiveness : Game responsiveness is all about how fast your eye → brain → mouse click → game response behaves. When interacting with your computer, the responsiveness is a key factor to your productivity and overall systems experience. When it comes to playing games, especially fast moving ones like First Person Shooters, responsiveness becomes critical for both mastering the game and enjoying and immersive experience.
HyperFormance intelligently removes redundant rendering tasks within the graphics pipeline, the CPU-GPU-Display system.
• Boosts responsiveness and FPS of any game • Improves gaming frame rates 30-70% • Increases Vsync frame rates - 120 FPS+ • Sharpens visual quality without tearing • Works seamlessly with hundreds of games
2. Virtual Vsync™ - Resolve the everlasting debate between quality and performance : Lucid's Virtual Vsync technology takes visual quality and performance to the next level. A proprietary solution for Virtu Universal and Virtu MVP, Virtual Vsync enables games to run at any FPS, with no image tearing, stuttering, lags and latency artifacts.
• Enhanced performance - when system has dGPU and iGPU • Unlimited frame rates - beyond traditional in-game Vsync • Flawless visual quality without tearing • Up to 250% better responsiveness vs. standard Vsync
3. Switchable Graphics : Dynamically assigns tasks to the best graphics resource regardless of physical cable connections.
* LucidLogix Virtu MVP is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
Users may prevent motherboard damages due to dampness by enabling “Dehumidifier Function”. When enabling Dehumidifier Function, the computer will power on automatically to dehumidify the system after entering S4/S5 state.
ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Fast, Easy and Free – ASRock OMG technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users. Normally, ISPs (Internet Service Provider) will charge for internet curfew service. The service controls “all” the PCs connected at home through network remotely but all the PCs in that network will be restricted to access the internet at pre-setup times. However, ASRock OMG is a free tool for controlling internet access of each single PC. Parents can easily control internet access through BIOS setup to protect their kids from using Internet at inappropriate time, and meanwhile, enjoy their own internet space.
Internet Flash searches for available UEFI firmware updates from ASRock servers. System can auto-detect the latest UEFI from our servers and flash them within UEFI setup without entering Windows® OS.
Free Bundle - Cyberlink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial
CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 trial now supports hardware transcoding and is optimized to accelerate conversion of all your favorite media files for your favorite portable players. Now you can easily display your favorite movies, songs and photos on iPhone, iPad, PSP, Xbox, Youtube, Facebook etc. Compile, convert and enjoy images and songs as much as you want and enhance your videos to new levels with TrueTheater Technology. Try it today!
Limitations: 30-day trial limitation convert videos to the H.264 format 50 times
MAGIX Multimedia Suite
The ultimate solutions to enhance your media experience. From music management, music creation, video editing to photo management. Simply do more with your media than you ever thought possible.
mufin player The next generation music player plays all standard audio formats, manages large music collections, helps you discover music, offers a free online hard drive and more.
Music Maker Silver The easiest way to arrange, remix, record and create your own music. Develop your musical style now - without any prior skills.
Video easy SE With this program you can easily edit your movies, add transitions, text and background music, and even quickly enhance image and sound quality.
Photo Manager 10 Put an end to your digital photo chaos and organize your photo collection with ease. The program is fully equipped for fast import, photo and video clip management, photo editing and presentation.
- by David_W @Sep 10, 2012
- Supports 3rd and 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 in LGA1155 Package - 12 + 4 Power Phase Design - Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology - Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPU - Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
- 2 x 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support (1 x Main BIOS and 1 x Recovery Backup BIOS) - Supports "Plug and Play" - ACPI 1.1 Compliance Wake Up Events - SMBIOS 2.3.1 Support - CPU Core, IGPU, DRAM, 1.8V PLL, VTT, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustment
Audio, Video and Networking
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video 2.0, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel® HD Graphics 2500/4000 with Intel® Ivy Bridge CPU - Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000, Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) with Intel® Sandy Bridge CPU - Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 11 with Intel® Ivy Bridge CPU. Pixel Shader 4.1, DirectX 10.1 with Intel® Sandy Bridge CPU - Max. shared memory 1760MB with Intel® Ivy Bridge CPU. Max. shared memory 1759MB with Intel® Sandy Bridge CPU - Supports HDMI 1.4a Technology with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz - Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI (Compliant HDMI monitor is required) - Supports HDCP function with HDMI port - Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) / HD-DVD playback with HDMI port
*Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
**Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® Vista™ and Windows® 7.
***Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 7 and Windows® 7 x64.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC898 Audio Codec) - Premium Blu-ray audio support - Supports THX TruStudio™
- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots (PCIE2/PCIE4: single at x16 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4) or dual at x8/x8 mode) - 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (PCIE5: x4 mode) - 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots - Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™ - Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™
*PCIe Gen3 is supported on 3rd Generation of Intel® Core™ i5 and Core™ i7 CPUs.
- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by Intel® Z77, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions - 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by Marvell SE9172, support RAID (RAID 0 and RAID 1), NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions
- 2 x Rear USB 3.0 ports by Intel® Z77, support USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s - 4 x Rear USB 3.0 ports by Etron EJ188H, support USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s - 1 x Front USB 3.0 header by Intel® Z77 (supports 2 USB 3.0 ports), supports USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s
- 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions - 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors - 1 x IR header - 1 x CIR header - 1 x COM port header - 1 x HDMI_SPDIF header - 1 x Power LED header - V-Probe™: 2 x 7-set of onboard voltage measurement points laid - 2 x CPU Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin) - 4 x Chassis Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 3 x 3-pin) - 1 x Power Fan connector (3-pin) - 1 x MOS Fan connector (3-pin) - 24 pin ATX power connector - 8 pin 12V power connector - 4 pin 12V power connector - SLI/XFire power connector - Front panel audio connector - 3 x USB 2.0 headers (support 6 USB 2.0 ports) - 1 x USB 3.0 header (supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) - 1 x Dr. Debug with LED - 1 x Power Switch with LED - 1 x Reset Switch with LED - 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED - Rapid OC Button: +/- buttons to adjust OC frequency - 1 x PCIe ON/OFF Switch - 1 x Post Status Checker (PSC)
Rear Panel I/O
I/O Panel - 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port - 1 x HDMI Port - 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port - 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports - 6 x Ready-to-Use USB 3.0 Ports - 1 x RJ-45 LAN Ports with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED) - 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED - HD Audio Jack: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Other Features / Miscellaneous
OC Formula Kit
OC Formula Power Kit - Digi Power - Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM) - Multiple Filter Cap (MFC) (Filter different noise by 3 different capacitors: DIP solid cap, POSCAP and MLCC) - Premium Alloy Choke (Reduce 70% core loss compare to iron powder choke) OC Formula Connector Kit - Hi-Density Power Connector - 15μGold Finger (CPU and memory sockets) OC Formula Cooling Kit - Twin-Power Cooling (Combine active air cooling and water cooling) - 8 Layer PCB, 4 x 2oz copper - GELID Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound
- 1 x ASRock SLI_Bridge_2S Card - Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield - 6 x SATA Data Cables - 2 x SATA 1 to 1 Power Cables - 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel - 4 x HDD Screws - 6 x Chassis Screws - 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket - 10 x OC Stands - GELID GC-Extreme Thermal Compound
- CPU/Chassis/Power/MOS Temperature Sensing - CPU/Chassis/Power/MOS Fan Tachometer - CPU/Chassis/MOS Quiet Fan (Allows Chassis Fan Speed Auto-Adjust by CPU Temperature) - CPU/Chassis/MOS Fan Multi-Speed Control - Multi Thermal Sensor - Voltage Monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore
- CEB Form Factor: 12.0-in x 10.5-in, 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm - Premium Gold Capacitor design (100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant
- FCC, CE, WHQL - ErP/EuP Ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
i though the yellow theme will look awful on my system. until i unboxed it personally, honestly it look far more better in person than the 1080p youtube videos. i used to have the msi mpower but bios died after 10 days, i wanted to try different brand than asus. my msi OC is max at 4.5 and auto 4.2ghz. with the same part except the mobo the result are 4.6ghz and 4.8 by just using auto profile with asrock oc formula. so far been using it for like 2 weeks. so far so good. havent had time to play manual OC.
I went from the Asrock Z68 Gen 3 Extreme 7 to this. Reassembled my rig, jumped into the bios, downloaded and updated the bios without having to enter an OS. Punched in some of my usual settings. And worked without a single issue.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
First 30 days limited warranty through NCIX.com. The remainder of the one year warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer.
For technical support, please submit a ticket through this link:
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.