XFast 555 Technology : XFast RAM / XFast LAN / XFast USB
Fully Optimize Memory Usage
Faster Internet Access
Boosts up your USB speed
5X Faster for Photoshop Execution
XFast RAM will create a virtual disk from the system memory to boost the performance. For Photoshop, It can even perform 5X faster than before.
Lower Latency In Game
XFast LAN can lower latency in the game after setting online game priority higher.
Time latency in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm * Lower is better
USB Performance Comparison
ATTO Disk Benchmark 4K Read
*The performance boost percentage may vary with a different configuration.
Virtu Universal MVP - Uncompromised Game Response Performance
ASRock motherboard support Lucid Virtu Universal MVP technology that improves your PC’s visuals, with faster response times, improved video processing and smoother media playback, all with low power consumption. Brilliantly designed for gaming, Virtu Universal MVP™ switchable graphics software assigns tasks dynamically to the best graphics resource and features two exciting techniques – HyperFormance™ and Virtual Vsync™.
1. HyperFormance™ : A new technology which combines integrated and discrete graphics for uncompromised performance and improves gaming frame rates 30-70%. It’s also supported with both ATI™ and NVIDIA® graphics cards.
• Boosts responsiveness and FPS of any game • Improves gaming frame rates 30-70% • Increases Vsync frame rates - 120 FPS+ • Sharpens visual quality without tearing • Works seamlessly with hundreds of games
2. Virtual Vsync : A technology designed to solve the ever lasting debate between quality and performance. Bring GPU performance from 60 FPS Vsync limit back to its maximum while keeping Vsync image quality and no tearing.
3. Switchable Graphics : Dynamically assigns tasks to the best graphics resource regardless of physical cable connections.
* LucidLogix Virtu MVP is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
Intel® Smart Connect Technology
Intel® Smart Connect Technology keeps content always up-to-date! It means that your email, favorite apps, and social networks are continually and automatically updated even when the system is asleep. Smart Connect will periodically wake up the PC while in a sleep state and check updates for things like email, Twitter, Facebook, etc. No more waiting for the latest world news or friends’ updates to be delivered—just enable this function and you’re up-to-date and ready to go.
* Intel® Smart Connect Technology is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
Intel® Rapid Start Technology
Intel® Rapid Start Technology gets your device up and running faster from even the deepest sleep, saving time and battery life. It quickly returns where you left off with a PC that goes from deep-sleep to full awake in a flash. The ultra-responsive capability gives your device the power to quickly resume to Windows® 7 OS within few seconds and ensures ultra-low power consumption when on standby. With Intel® Rapid Start Technology, users can jump right back into everything they were doing!
* Intel® Rapid Start Technology is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Fast, Easy and Free – ASRock OMG technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users. Normally, ISPs (Internet Service Provider) will charge for internet curfew service. The service controls “all” the PCs connected at home through network remotely but all the PCs in that network will be restricted to access the internet at pre-setup times. However, ASRock OMG is a free tool for controlling internet access of each single PC. Parents can easily control internet access through BIOS setup to protect their kids from using Internet at inappropriate time, and meanwhile, enjoy their own internet space.
Internet Flash searches for available UEFI firmware updates from ASRock servers. System can auto-detect the latest UEFI from our servers and flash them within UEFI setup without entering Windows® OS.
Premium Gold Caps
Top-Class Quality Guaranteed
Premium Gold Caps are luxury capacitors. These 100% Japan-made solid capacitors are sleek, high gloss caps with a premium gold coating representing long life and stable performance.
More Precise, More Efficient
By adopting digital pulse-width modulation (PWM), the ASRock motherboard can provide CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly. Compared to analog PWM, digital PWM can optimize the CPU power solution and provide a proper and stable Vcore for the processor.
8+4 Power Phase
This motherboard is designed with a 8 + 4 Power Phase design. It features sturdy components and completely smooth power delivery to the CPU. Plus, it offers unmatched overclocking capability and enhanced performance with the lowest temperature for advanced gamers as well.
4 x DDR3 2800+(OC)
This motherboard unlocks maximum memory performance, coming with 4 DIMM slots for dual-channel memory, supporting up to DDR3 2800+ (OC) MHz!
Next-Gen PCI-E 3.0 Support
The ASRock motherboards support the Next-Gen PCI-E 3.0! PCI Express 3.0 can maximize the bandwidth for the next-gen PCI Express 3.0 VGA cards, provide ultimate graphics performance.
Get PCI-E 3.0 Benefits • Higher bit rate - 8.0GT/s • Higher bandwidth per lane - 1GB/s • Higher efficiency - 98.5% encoding efficiency • 100% backward compatible with previous PCI-E 2.0 / 1.0 standard
Raw bit rate
Bandwidth per lane per direction
Note: PCIe Gen3 is supported on 3rd Generation of Intel® Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs.
Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals
Intel® HD Graphics, simplifies your designs by eliminating additional discrete graphics hardware, while integrating stunning visuals and performance for immersive gaming.
Note: Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals is supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
THX TruStudio is specially designed to bring the same great audio experience found in live performances, films, and recording studios to the PC.
Graphical UEFI – The Revolutionary BIOS Interface
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is a revolutionary BIOS utility which offers tweak-friendly options in an advanced viewing interface. Compared with traditional BIOS design, the latest UEFI utility provides lots improved functions. The major features of UEFI include: 1. Graphical Visual Experience – UEFI provides an improved visual interface with colorful icons and makes your computing environment more versatile to replace the traditional dull BIOS page. 2. Mouse Enabling – Besides keyboard control, you can freely use mouse to select your ideal settings in UEFI as well. 3. Supports 3TB bootable HDD - UEFI breaks the limitations of 2TB bootable HDD on traditional BIOS. With UEFI, you can enjoy 3TB bootable HDD size.*
*Windows® Vista™ 64bit or Windows® 7 64bit OS is required.
UEFI System Browser
UEFI system browser is a useful tool included in graphical UEFI. It can detect the devices and configurations that users are currently using in their PC. With the UEFI system browser, you can easily examine the current system configuration in UEFI setup.
AXTU - The All-in-1 Tuning Software
ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU) is an all-in-one software to fine-tune different features in an user-friendly interface, which includes Hardware Monitor, Fan Control, Overclocking, OC DNA, IES and XFast RAM. In Hardware Monitor, it shows the major readings of your system. In Fan Control, it shows the fan speed and temperature for you to adjust. In Overclocking, you are allowed to adjust the CPU frequency, ratio and some voltages for optimal system performance. In OC DNA, you can save your OC settings as a profile and share with your friends. Your friends then can load the OC profile to their own system to get the same OC settings. In IES (Intelligent Energy Saver), the voltage regulator can reduce the number of output phases to improve efficiency when the CPU cores are idle without sacrificing computing performance. In XFast RAM, it fully utilizes the memory space that cannot be used under Windows® OS 32-bit CPU.
Free Bundle - Cyberlink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial
CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 trial now supports hardware transcoding and is optimized to accelerate conversion of all your favorite media files for your favorite portable players. Now you can easily display your favorite movies, songs and photos on iPhone, iPad, PSP, Xbox, Youtube, Facebook etc. Compile, convert and enjoy images and songs as much as you want and enhance your videos to new levels with TrueTheater Technology. Try it today!
Limitations: 30-day trial limitation Convert videos to the H.264 format 50 times
MAGIX Multimedia Suite
The ultimate solutions to enhance your media experience. From music management, music creation, video editing to photo management. Simply do more with your media than you ever thought possible.
mufin player The next generation music player plays all standard audio formats, manages large music collections, helps you discover music, offers a free online hard drive and more.
Music Maker Silver The easiest way to arrange, remix, record and create your own music. Develop your musical style now - without any prior skills.
Video easy SE With this program you can easily edit your movies, add transitions, text and background music, and even quickly enhance image and sound quality.
Photo Manager 10 Put an end to your digital photo chaos and organize your photo collection with ease. The program is fully equipped for fast import, photo and video clip management, photo editing and presentation.
- by David_W @Apr 18, 2012
- Supports 3rd and 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 in LGA1155 Package - Digi Power Design - 8 + 4 Power Phase Design - Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology - Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPU - Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
- 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support - Supports "Plug and Play" - ACPI 1.1 Compliance Wake Up Events - Supports jumperfree - SMBIOS 2.3.1 Support - CPU Core, IGPU, DRAM, 1.8V PLL, VTT, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustment
Audio, Video and Networking
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video 2.0, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel® HD Graphics 2500/4000 - Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 11 with Intel® 22nm CPU. Pixel Shader 4.1, DirectX 10.1 with Intel® Sandy Bridge CPU. - Max. shared memory 1760MB - Multi VGA Output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI - Supports HDMI 1.4a Technology with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz - Supports DVI with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz - Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 2048x1536 @ 75Hz - Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI (Compliant HDMI monitor is required) - Supports HDCP function with DVI and HDMI ports - Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) / HD-DVD playback with DVI and HDMI ports
*Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
**Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® Vista™ and Windows® 7.
***Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 7 and Windows® 7 x64.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC898 Audio Codec) - Premium Blu-ray audio support - Supports THX TruStudio™
- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots (PCIE2/PCIE3: single at x16 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE3) or dual at x8/x8 mode) - 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots - 2 x PCI slots - Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™ - Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™
*PCIe Gen3 is supported on 3rd Generation of Intel® Core™ i5 and Core™ i7 CPUs.
- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by Intel® Z77, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions - 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions (SATA3_A1 connector is shared with eSATA3 port)
- 2 x Rear USB 3.0 ports by Intel® Z77, support USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s - 2 x Rear USB 3.0 ports by ASMedia ASM1042, support USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s - 1 x Front USB 3.0 header by Intel® Z77 (supports 2 USB 3.0 ports), supports USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s
- 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions - 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors - 1 x IR header - 1 x CIR header - 1 x COM port header - 1 x HDMI_SPDIF header - 1 x Power LED header - CPU/Chassis/Power FAN connector - 24 pin ATX power connector - 8 pin 12V power connector - Front panel audio connector - 3 x USB 2.0 headers (support 6 USB 2.0 ports) - 1 x USB 3.0 header (supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) - 1 x Dr. Debug with LED
Rear Panel I/O
I/O Panel - 1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Port - 1 x D-Sub Port - 1 x DVI-D Port - 1 x HDMI Port - 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port - 2 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports - 1 x eSATA3 Connector - 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 3.0 Ports - 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED) - 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED - HD Audio Jack: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Other Features / Miscellaneous
- ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU) - ASRock Instant Boot - ASRock Instant Flash - ASRock APP Charger - ASRock SmartView - ASRock XFast USB - ASRock XFast LAN - ASRock XFast RAM - ASRock Crashless BIOS - ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) - ASRock Internet Flash - Lucid Virtu Universal MVP - Hybrid Booster: - CPU Frequency Stepless Control - ASRock U-COP - Boot Failure Guard (B.F.G.) - Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.) - Good Night LED
*Lucid Virtu Universal MVP can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
**LucidLogix Virtu MVP is only supported under Windows® 7 OS or later versions.
- 1 x Power Switch with LED - 1 x Reset Switch with LED - 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED
- 1 x ASRock SLI_Bridge_2S Card - Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield - 2 x SATA Data Cables
- CPU Temperature Sensing - Chassis Temperature Sensing - CPU/Chassis/Power Fan Tachometer - CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Allow Chassis Fan Speed Auto-Adjust by CPU Temperature) - CPU/Chassis Fan Multi-Speed Control - Voltage Monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 8.6-in, 30.5 cm x 21.8 cm - Premium Gold Capacitor design (100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant
- FCC, CE, WHQL - ErP/EuP Ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
Caution: Please realize that there is a certain risk involved with overclocking, including adjusting the setting in the BIOS or using the third-party overclocking tools. Overclocking may affect your system stability, or even cause damage to the components and devices of your system. It should be done at your own risk and expense. We are not responsible for possible damage caused by overclocking.
The specification is subject to change without notice in advance. The brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Any configuration other than original product specification is not guaranteed.
Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product.
Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product.
We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.
Reviews from the Web
Below are reviews found on other web sites for this product submitted by customers.
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
Amazing motherboard for its price, when you can buy the same quality motherboard for higher. I purchased it when it was on sale, and have been using it for more than 5 month without any problems.
This was my second choice when NCIX was sold out with their asus motherboard bundle, but the asrock was just as good for a cheaper price after the mail in rebate. The brown pcb might be a turn off for some as it might not match your other components. If you are like me and don't have a case with a window then your all set. Install was easy with no issues with any of the connectors or ports.
After looking at a fair selection of Z77-based motherboards, you come to the conclusion pretty quickly that the ASRock's Z77 Extreme 4 is part of the Extreme series which includes the 555 XFast feature set that allows for performance of up to 5x over competing designs. Outstanding motherboard for its price.
Motherboard is amazing, so many features inthe BIOS as well as those little things that make this motherboard so good. Looks are pretty good and well as overclocking ability. Running an i5-3570k and having 0 problems.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
First 30 days limited warranty through NCIX.com. The remainder of the one year warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer.
For technical support, please submit a ticket through this link:
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.