create a wireless network, share high-speed Internet access and download files from greater distances compared to previous generation Wireless G devices with the D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router (DIR-601).
UPGRADE YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK
D-Link® introduces the Wireless N 150 Home Router (DIR-601), which delivers high performance end-to-end wireless connectivity based on Wireless N technology. The DIR-601 provides better wireless coverage and improved speeds over previous-generation Wireless G*. Upgrading your home network to Wireless N 150 provides an excellent solution for experiencing better wireless performance while sharing a broadband Internet connection with multiple computers over a secure wireless network.
ENHANCED WIRELESS RANGE
Utilizing the benefits of Wireless N technology, the DIR-601 performs faster file transfers and farther coverage enabling greater wireless signals across your home. Not only does the DIR-601 extend your wireless range, it also works with your existing Wireless G devices.
EASY TO SET UP
The DIR-601 makes it easy to set up your wireless network in your home or office without professional installation. The DIR-601 includes an Installation Wizard CD-ROM, which walks you through the easy step-by-step installation process to set up your wireless network and Internet connection in minutes. Once the setup process is complete, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, files, media, and more.
EASY TO SECURE
The DIR-601 supports the latest wireless security features to prevent unauthorized access, be it from over the wireless network or from the Internet. Support for WPA™ and WPA2™ ensure the usage of the best possible encryption available, regardless of your client devices. In addition, the DIR-601 utilizes dual active firewalls (SPI and NAT) to prevent potential attacks from across the Internet. Plus, the DIR-601 includes Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) with a push button feature that easily sets up and activates your network security functions.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
create a wireless network to share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, and media players with greater distances and coverage across your home than previous-generation Wireless G technology*.
WHY WIRELESS 150 IS BETTER
The Wireless N 150 Home Router is based on Wireless N technology to greatly improve the speed of your wireless signal up to 4X faster than previous- generation Wireles G*. This allows the Wireless N 150 Home Router to provide better reception and greater wireless coverage.
D-Link Green™ devices are about providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance. They are designed to help conserve energy, protect our environment from harmful substances, and reduce waste by using recyclable packaging.
- Automatically powers down ports that have no link
- Budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths
- Includes wireless LAN scheduling, which can shut down your wireless network when not in use for further power savings
- Reduces energy consumption by using an Energy Star® qualified power adapter
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
- Complies with the European Union’s RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses recyclable packaging to help reduce waste that goes into the environment
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum thorughput based on D-Link Wireless N devices.