The Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series Network Storage System
The Cisco® Small Business NSS3000 Series Network Storage System provides the robust security and advanced data backup capabilities your business needs, at a price small companies can afford. With support up to 4 TB of data and up to 15 concurrent users per chassis, the Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series provides the ideal solution for storing, sharing, and archiving your mission-critical business information. And unlike entry-level network-attached storage (NAS) systems, the Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series delivers the advanced backup, encryption, user authentication, and high availability you need to protect your business.
The Cisco NSS3000 4-Bay Gigabit Storage System Chassis, supports any approved hard disk drive
. It provides a wealth of features in a desktop-size system designed specifically for small businesses. And it gives you the flexibility to configure the system without any connected drives, to reconfigure it at any time, and to link multiple Cisco NAS chassis together, providing a solution that can continually grow with your business.
You can use the Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series to:
• Automatically back up important information from every PC and server in your business
• Provide centralized storage and sharing of important files
• Employ Continuous Data Protection (CDP) to automatically back up every version of every file saved by employees, allowing you to easily restore data
• Store and archive digital video from your video surveillance system
Features and Benefits
The Cisco NSS3000 Series Network Storage System provides:
• Robust reliability: Traditional small business NAS systems require each hard drive to run its own operating system software, making them inherently less stable. The Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series integrates the Linux operating system that controls the storage system into the chassis itself, helping ensure that your business remains protected even if an individual hard drive fails.
• Maximum flexibility: The Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series supports a variety of data storage schemes (Redundant Array of Independent Disks [RAID] 0, 1, 5, and 10 and "just a bunch of disks" [JBOD]) and file systems, and allows you to link Windows-based users, Mac users, UNIX/Linux users, and FTP clients into a single data storage system, providing a complete storage solution for virtually any business environment.
• Advanced storage capabilities: The solution's rich network storage features include support for the Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART) monitoring system for hard disks, file journaling, and virtualization of RAID storage systems across Cisco NSS chassis, giving you a full suite of tools to create a robust file-sharing and data backup system for your business.
• Strong security: The Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series supports a variety of security features to protect your data and help you comply with regulatory standards, including file encryption support, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) file-based disk encryption, virtual LANs (VLANs), and user authentication and access control.
• Easy setup and operation: The Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series simplifies configuration and ongoing status monitoring with a two-line LCD display that provides unit health status, storage status, network status, and more.
• Reduced costs: By integrating the operating system into the chassis, instead of individual hard drives, the solution eliminates the need to purchase and maintain third-party licenses, upgrades, and accessories for each hard drive in the system.
• Out-of-the-box compatibility with other business applications: The Cisco Small Business NSS3000 Series is designed to fully integrate with other Cisco Small Business Series solutions in a single, easy-to-manage network environment. For example, the solution provides the ideal data storage foundation for Cisco IP video surveillance and CDP applications.
Table 1 gives the specifications for the Cisco NSS3000, NSS3100, NSS3200, and NSS3400 4-Bay Gigabit Storage System Chassis. Table 2 provides hard drive and RAID configurations for the Cisco Small Business Network Storage System. Table 3 provides storage accessory information for the Cisco Small Business Network Storage System. Table 4 provides ordering information for the Cisco Small Business Network Storage System.